Coming To You In May 2017!
Marketing is not solely a business activity.
It has a far broader demographic, social, cultural, economic, technical, international & global dimension. Any interpersonal or inter-organizational relationship involving an exchange is considered marketing.
Marketing focuses on what is being exchanged. What activities are designed to facilitate that exchange & what the target market is.
Marketing is the creation & delivery of what consumers want. Planning & developing a product/brand service which will meet people’s wants. And determining the best way to price, promote & distribute that product or service.
The marketing concept proclaims the customer-oriented philosophy. It pursues profitable sales volume as the ultimate goal of the firm. And not just volume for the sake of volume alone. All marketing mechanisms in a firm should be organizationally coordinated.
- orient participants toward strategic marketing process
- sharpen the strategic management thinking
- establish strategic mission and intent
- introduce the External environment analysis
- exhibit the necessity of the Internal resource analysis
- explain the importance of Competitors’ analysis
- introduce Marketing analysis and planning
- facilitate the creation of Business and corporate level strategies
- explain the Content and nature of the competitive strategies
- introduce Strategic evaluation, Corporate governance/responsibility, and business ethics
The course will provide participants with a critical understanding of the strategic marketing management process. As well as the contribution of strategic marketing to that process. It will integrate material from other parts of the course within a strategic management framework.
- How to explore the Field of Marketing
- How to identify and understand the Marketing System and the Marketing Environment
- How to conduct a situation analysis
- How to carry out Marketing Research
- How to identify issues related to Markets – People – Money: What is a market?
- How to explore and understand the industrial market
- How to proceed with Product Planning and Development
- How to explore Product Lines Policies and Strategies
- How to manage Brands, deal with Packaging and other product features
- How to proceed with pricing & price determination. Basic methods of setting price, price policies & strategies
- How the Retail Market & Retailing institutions work
- How to manage Channels of distribution
- How to proceed with decisions related to Promotions. Nature & importance of promotion, promotional mix, promotional methods
- How to manage advertising and sales promotion
- How to Plan and evaluate the marketing effort