Acquainting yourself with Marketing Research, this course will allow you to plan, design, construct & execute a marketing research in just six weeks.
In this period, you will be able to align a number of research elements to solve various marketing problems. You will be able to proceed with better decision making dealing with many marketing problems.
This course will focus on gathering and analyzing collected data to forecast a number of marketing activities precisely.
Problem formulation, procedures of research techniques and applications of tools will be introduced to facilitate better decision making towards marketing problems. Particular attention will be drawn to methods and criteria for identifying & selecting markets. These valuable techniques are useful to marketing managers & business owners; that’s why they will be introduced.
The entire course is built from the point of a practitioner/business owner/manager exercising marketing research to achieve further market penetration & an increase in revenues for the company.
You will be acquainted with all unique processes needed to design marketing research & understand the chain of elements required to plan, structure and execute marketing research successfully.
A sound knowledge of marketing research & evaluation methods is considered essential across a range of applications. That’s why we need to understand the usefulness of marketing research.
This course will help you
To develop skills further in sourcing and evaluating information.
To familiarize yourself with research material, writing and presentation styles, and the procedures, protocols & processes of applied research.
You will develop critical understanding & application skills of planning and implementing marketing research, including accessing, interpreting and evaluating primary & secondary data and analyzing it correctly in selecting tailor -made solutions to your individual marketing problem. Finally, encourage original, critical and independent thinking.
You will learn how to:
- Source and critically evaluate data/information from a range of sources;
- Evaluate the different methodological approaches, methods, and techniques that are available for marketing researching specific projects;
- Evaluate different methods of interpreting and presenting qualitative data;
- Evaluate different methods of collecting quantitative data, including sampling issues, survey types, and questionnaire design and implementation;
- Understand the connection between research question, survey instrument, and descriptive analysis
- Evaluate issues of access, ethics, validity, and reliability in research;
- Justify an appropriate methodology
Also, you will be able
- Identify and critically assess a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Effectively evaluate research methods in relation to different research contexts and requirements;
- Critically evaluate digital and printed bibliographic resources;
- Evaluate contradicting findings in the literature review and identify flaws in the methodologies of published research;
- Detect and assess appropriate theoretical frameworks relating to the research objectives;
- Critically assess & evaluate secondary data and discover gaps in knowledge.
This course will provide you with the following content:
- The purpose of marketing research across a range of applications
- The marketing research process
- Choose the research approach and research strategy
- Development and articulation of marketing research question
- Critically reviewing data /literature from a range of available published sources
Identification of Research methodologies
- Understanding, evaluating and justifying methods and techniques for collecting data from secondary and primary sources including documents, surveys, questionnaires, observation, various types of interview, oral history, protective techniques
- Identifying your research population and selection of samples.
- Questionnaire design and implementation
- Using secondary sources to generate primary data.
- Collecting primary data through observation.
- Collecting primary data using semi-structures and in-depth interviews.
- Collecting primary data using questionnaires.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data with statistical software.
- Discuss the use of Basic descriptive statistics.
- Analysing quantitative data using SPSS
- Understanding access, ethical, validity and reliability issues;
- Approaches to analyzing & interpreting qualitative data including thematic, narrative, content and semiotic analysis.
All of this in just six weeks!
Executives of all levels